We believe horses help us explore, learn and grow. As we interact with horses, we discover new ways to communicate, collaborate and cooperate in partnership with them and each other.
Our programs are a unique blend of teaching based on building a mental, emotional and physical connection with horses using non-verbal communication. Through observation, groundwork and riding we focus on the horse's body language to learn more about how these prey animals naturally move and communicate. This way of teaching goes beyond handling horses to a way to teach critical thinking, empathy and boundaries. CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.
- Environmentally conscious, minimize waste: reduce, recycle, reuse
- Healthy horses and healthy humans
- Respect for humans and horses
- Experienced riding instructors are MA Licensed or British Horse Society (BHS) Certified
- Passionate about teaching and great with kids
- CORI approved
- EAL instructors are EAGALA Certified
- Live as naturally as possible in a herd outdoors in fields grazing where horses can just be horses.
- Regular routines, consistent care and handling including grooming, exercise and training, hoof care, veterinarian care, dental care, massage and or other body work as needed
- Balanced diet with appropriate supplements
- No more than three hours per day or fifteen hours on average in program work.
- Consistent handling practices
Facility and Land Management
- No use of chemicals on property
- Annual testing of soil and water
- Comprehensive property management and maintenance plan
- Partner with Sherriff’s Meadow and others on land management