Our horsemanship programs offer a unique riding approach to grow self-awareness, build confidence, improve communication and develop a more meaningful connection with the natural world. During the eight-week program, students gain a solid foundation of horsemanship to continue their riding education, as well as skills that can be helpful in all aspects of life. In each session, participants learn horse-care, barn management, groundwork, and riding technique. Sessions run for eight weeks and classes are 1.5 hours. The fee for each eight-week session is $240 unless otherwise noted.
Session One: Week of 1/9/17 through week of 3/6/17; No classes week of 2/27/17
Session Two: Week of 3/27/17 through week of 5/22/17; No classes week of 4/17/17. Click here to view schedule.
- Ages 6-10
- Learn the basics of riding through understanding body language and non-verbal communication
- Get involved in the horse’s daily routine
- Learn about all types of tack and grooming
- Ages 11-14
- Learning to ride the different gaits of the horse through balance and awareness
- Learn responsibilities of day-to-day horse care
- Understand confirmation, tack, grooming and nutrition
- High School and Adult
- Focus is on understanding horse movement and how we, as riders, influence them
- Learn how to keep a horse balanced – mentally, emotionally, and physically
- Learn the importance of proper tack fitting
- Equine nutrition